Various partners in the DUNES consortium have already devised commercialization plans, including a detailed description of the products/services that can be created on the basis of the knowledge generated in the project. Some of these products will be developed and sold by individual partners, while others will involve the collaboration among two or more partners.
The following are some examples from a wide range of products and services that can be modularly adapted to every specific need. For convenience, the list is broken-down in five categories:
Provision, integration and/or adaptation of the ??Digalo?? pad, the ??Oasis?? portal or other software components of our system into existing platforms or environments. This includes:
- Licensing / ASP / hosting;
- Users training;
- Support, maintenance, upgrading;
- Additional services.
Education / training
- ??Translating?? existing courses to DUNES (map-based) form and the development and implementation of new DUNES-based courses or training sessions in schools, high schools, universities, companies, government, etc.;
- Development of ??Cases?? (discussion issues and related guidelines) for DUNES applications;
- Packaged learning and training modules;
- Training of teachers in DUNES-related (or other argumentation-based) teaching activities.
Articulated projects - for national/regional authorities or individual schools - addressing one or more of the following:
- Feasibility studies and identification of suitable schools, classes, courses, for DUNES implementation
- Preparation of the implementation program
- Teachers training
- Evaluation and reporting.
Other corporate and institutional applications
- Decision-making and/or negotiation-related DUNES applications for governmental and private institutions, international NGOs, etc.
- Development, implementation and direction/animation of DUNES-based tools for institutions or countries/regions with special needs like:
- Settlement of international disputes
- Reducing ethnical or religious conflicts at national levels
- Providing the infrastructure for national/international debates on hot political, economic, environmental and other issues - sponsored by governments or supranational institutions.
Other services and activities
- Analysis and evaluation of DUNES maps/sessions.
- Development of improved or target-specific features for argumentative maps.
- Development of theoretical background, methodologies, algorithms, user interfaces, etc. - for ??awareness tools?? (teachers/researchers?? aids for the effective conduction or analysis of DUNES sessions).
- Other related products or services on demand.